At Boiling Spring Campground (BSC Outdoors) we offer float trips on the Big Piney and Gasconade Rivers.
We rent canoes, rafts, kayaks, tubes, and Jon boats. For our regularly scheduled 3, 5, and 8 mile one day float trips we shuttle you up river to the put-in location where you float back to the campground.
On Saturday and Major Holiday Weekends our shuttle buses travel to and from our up-river put-in locations on a rotational first come first served schedule departing from our Camp Pavilion at: 9:00 AM, 10:30 AM, and 12:30 PM for our most popular 3, 5 and/or 8 mile float locations. Our float trip schedule for Sunday through Friday is by appointment, call for details (573) 759-7294.
Our most popular float trip options on the Big Piney
and Gasconade River include:
- 3 Mile Float Trip – Veterans Bridge to BSC (Gasconade River)
- 5 Mile Float – *Piney Beach to BSC (Big Piney River into Gasconade River)
- 8 Mile Float – *Blue Spring to BSC (Big Piney River into Gasconade River)
Other popular float locations:
Note: Some float options below may not be available on Saturday and major holidays, call for details.
- 7 Mile Float – BSC to Jerome Conservation access (Gasconade River) Note: Currently closed due to flood damage.
- 14 Mile Float – Riddle Bridge Conservation access to BSC (Gasconade River)
- NEW! 27 Mile Float – **Hwy 17 Bridge access to BSC (Gasconade River)
- NEW! 51 Mile Float – **Hwy 7 Bridge access to BSC (Gasconade River)
* Denotes primary put in location. ** Multiple day float trip.
Reserve Your Next Float Trip Today!
When making your float trip reservation let us know what type of boat, float trip and requested departure time, subject to bus seat availability. As a courtesy to other floaters, please arrive at least 30 minutes prior to your scheduled float trip departure time to get checked-in and to the float trip boarding location (Camp Pavilion), so other guests do not have to wait.
Floating Policies and Procedures:
- For all of our float trips on the Big Piney and Gasconade Rivers we provide life vest, paddles, trash bags and shuttle up river to the drop off/pick-up points.
- Canoes, rafts, kayaks, Jon boats and tubes must be returned and off the water before 7:00 pm on the day rented. Due to safety concerns children under 2 years old will not be allowed to float.
- Rain Policy: Should it be raining the morning of your scheduled float trip and is still raining at 12 noon you will be issued a rain check for the date of your choice, based upon availability. (No Refunds).
- Highwater/Flood Policy: We do not float if the determination is made by state officials or BSC management that river levels are beyond safe canoeing, kayaking or rafting standards. Should this occur we issue a rain check in the amount of your payment (no refunds). In most situations, the remainder of the reservation (lodging, and camping) should not be impacted by flood conditions and will be honored.
- All persons floating or camping must sign waiver release form. Make your pre-trip preparation the quickest and easiest, come with your waiver form already filled out. Click on the picture below to view the form.
- While on the river there is inherent risk that personal awareness and commonsense can reduce. Never attempt a float trip while under the influence of drugs or alcohol. We ask that you use our canoes, rafts, kayaks and equipment with the same degree of care as if they were your own.
- In the event a canoe or raft is damaged beyond normal wear and tear, then we expect to be reimbursed appropriately in relation to the damage. If you abandon your canoe or raft or it is lost or stolen, you will be asked to pay for it. We charge for lost or abandon paddles and life vest.
Here at Boiling Spring Campground we support boy scouts, girl scouts, organizational, family, church and military groups.
Let our staff help you plan your next float trip on the Big Piney or Gasconade River.